When deciding which college to go to for the next four years, its so valuable to look at the school you are considering, if possible. I remember visiting a variety of schools throughout the spring of my senior year and trying to imagine myself as a pupil on each campus. Exactly What would we eat at the dining hall? Where would my classes be located? Who would my classmates, roommates, and buddies be? For me, it finally clicked when i came across a campus that i really could truly see myself doing all of these things and more and nevertheless be myself. I encourage all of our admitted students to take advantageous asset of our admitted student programs throughout this next month to try to envision what your USC experience could possibly be like.
Even though the National Candidate Reply Date is not until might 1, we have pupils asking, ‘Where do we sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and ideally when) you choose to come to USC, listed here is an outline for the steps that are next becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on line at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for educational funding, if you have not already. Visit the Financial Aid section of our internet site for more information about how exactly to apply for educational funding.
- Submit your Housing application by might 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you presented your application, thus you have a better chance to getting the kind of housing you want the earlier you apply. Also if you’re not 100% sure you are arriving at USC year that is next you are able to submit the housing application and $45 fee to keep your spot in line.
- Register to attend Orientation over the summertime. Orientation is a great opportunity to spend some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and possibilities you should have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you certainly will also sign up for courses with an advisor that is academic. You shall be in a position to join an Orientation program 5 7 business days once you distribute your commitment deposit.
- Send in your final high college transcript and AP/IB exam results. USC awards university credit for most AP examinations with a rating of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for every single score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB more impressive range exams. See our Office of Articulation website to see exactly what type of credit USC funds for the various AP and IB exams.
For those who have questions that aren’t covered in your admission packet or on our internet site or blog, please contact your admission counselor. We are pleased to help reply to your questions and can not wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but just what does that mean?
For starters, we’ve more international students than any institution that is private the united states (15% in last year’s freshman course!). We believe having students from different countries around the world contributes to a learning that is positive by enabling for various viewpoints and viewpoints to be highlighted in the classroom.
Certain courses by themselves are even designed around providing students with the opportunity to connect to pupils from other countries. A top Mexican university, as well as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software for example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM.
USC additionally ranks sixth within the nation for sending students abroad. We provide 54 programs in 29 nations, on every continent except Antarctica (maybe someday!) Students can go abroad for a whole year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. We also offer many summer programs if you don’t want to stay away from USC for too long. As an example, freshmen in the Marshall School of company have the opportunity to satisfy leaders in https://shmoop.pro/ international business by traveling abroad for a 10-day program (past destinations have included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife students can enhance their Spanish language skills by spending a summer coping with a number family and taking courses in Madrid, Spain. To learn more about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students also can do research abroad through programs such as for instance Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides students with all the possibility to combine inquiry-based research with international travel. For a few weeks, students will stay on-campus and investigate a concern that is worldwide in scope. They then travel to the certain area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on development. This summer, dilemmas Without Passports programs are being offered in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, simply to name several!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the global world with our 20 alumni offices overseas. Lately, we have opened an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we’ve already begun to increase brazilian researchers to our collaboration. With more than 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only continue to expand its worldwide existence.
As we become an increasingly globalized society, it is imperative that our students experience various cultures, along with getting the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand. We may be called the University of Southern Ca, but we are undoubtedly a global place!